PPSS® Stab Resistant Vest – Hi Viz Overt KR1 or NIJ I
Hi Viz Stab Resistant Vests made by PPSS Group are EN 471:2003 compliant and feature outer covers made out of highly durable Cordura® fabric and include two large box pockets and front zip fastening. They can be put on or taken off within a very few seconds. Additional radio loops, docks for body worn video solutions and Velcro identification badges can be added upon request.
Our hi viz stab resistant vests are worn on top of your existing clothing and effectively help protect the wearer against attacks from edged weapons, hypodermic needles and blunt force trauma injuries.
Based on our own operational frontline experience and extensive research, we can only stress that an impact based assault in most countries is more likely and frequent than an attack involving an edged weapon or firearm. Nevertheless blunt force trauma injuries can lead to organ failure, irreparable injuries and long term disability.
Features & Benefits
- Effectively shield the spine, ribs and all vital organs
- Comfortably worn
- Easily put on and taken off within seconds
- Indefinite lifespan (compared to Kevlar’s 3-5 year lifespan)
- PPSS hi viz stab resistant vests offer unlimited shelf life (compared to 3-5 years life span of Kevlar® made body armour)
- Outstanding protection from blunt force trauma (usually suffered following a kick, punch or blow from a blunt object)
- Extremely lightweight
- Home Office (HOSDB) certified
- NIJ certified
Who is this product suitable for?
- Anyone dealing with high risk individuals, such as potentially violent or aggressive members of the public, drug users or dealers
- Those operating in geographical areas known for criminal activities, drugs, alcohol misuse and disturbances
- Lone workers frequently faced with frustrated and disappointed customers
- Home or office visitors that enforce laws and regulations, police the system or deliver bad news
- Individuals or teams that secure and protect property, events and people
- 5mm thin polycarbonate sheets, moulded to the upper body shape
- Highly durable nylon fabric
- Adjustable shoulder and side straps
- High-tech spacer fabric providing the highest level of comfort when worn in hot and humid environments
- Latest encapsulated reflective tape
- Full front YKK zip for ease of removing and putting on the vest
- Complies with BS EN 471:2003
- Tested & certified to HOSDB Knife Resistance Standard KR1
- Tested & certified to NIJ Std 0115.00 Threat Level 1
Blunt Trauma Protection:
- Excellent level of protection from a kick, punch or blow – or blunt objects such as piece of iron, chair, table, bricks etc.
- Excellent level of protection from narrower blades & hypodermic needles
Tested Energy Level 1:
- 24 Joules – 7mm Maximum Penetration
Tested Energy Level 2:
- 36 Joules – 20mm Maximum Penetration
- XS – 4XL
- 2.3KG (Size L)
- Protective fillers easily removed so the outer cover can be machine washed
- High Visibility Yellow
Place of Manufacture: UK
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.